About the company
Wates Developments specialises in land, planning and residential development throughout the South of England, with a large and growing portfolio of potential residential development land.
The business focuses on securing land and delivering planning consents in sustainable town and country locations, in areas of high demand. Wates Developments has a portfolio of over 65 sites at all stages of planning, representing over 15,000 new homes together with a further 3,000 homes in active joint ventures with partners and 3,000 potential homes sites newly allocated into Local Plans.
About the role
You will be expected to engage in on the job training in key elements of Land & Planning, including for example Finance, Legal, Risk, Health and Safety and Project Management.
As a member of the developments team your overall responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the Projects and Land team in the appraisal, management, purchase and disposal of land in line with the Wates Developments Business Plan.
• Building knowledge and understanding of the Wates business
• Understanding budgets, forecast and business plan
• Developing an understanding of people & leadership skills, interaction and networking by attending landowner, agent, professional and local authority meetings
• Developing a basic understanding of Wates Group SHE policies and best practice relevant to Wates Developments
• Working towards becoming a subject matter expert in the field of politics, localism, and issues surrounding land & planning
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
• Reviewing sites that sit within the property portfolio and identify those sites with development potential.
• Build relationships and establish regular contact with planning and other built environment professionals
• Contribute to quarterly updates of financial appraisals and the preparation of reports and forecasts to assist in the general administration of the business
• Involvement in due diligence in terms of planning, legal, technical and sales for acquisition approvals
• Provide support with different types of land deals with particular emphasis on option agreements, unconditional contracts and legal documents associated with House Building Joint Ventures (HBJV).
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 Degree in a related discipline.
This role also requires a grade 5/B in Maths and a grade 4/C in English GCSE.
How to apply
Click here to apply (Ref ID: QLGGJ).