About the company
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
About the role
Our Facility Management and Energy team are looking for a student to join our team for 13 Months commencing July 2021. The department maintains all the non-production infrastructure, such as roads, buildings and utility supply networks on plant.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- Supplier Steering and responding appropriately to reactive repairs as they arise.
- Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors.
- Manage and lead facility change requests to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Plan for future developments including best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises.
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Construction, Business or other relevant field and on track to achieve a 2:1 or above. Work experience can be particularly useful in areas such as: administration, building, business, construction, and engineering.
- Confident decision making.
- Time management and project management skills.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- IT skills are important, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work with an ability to prioritise workload.
- A full driving license may be required, if travelling between sites.
How to apply
Click here to apply.