About the company
Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) are NHS-led organisations that are primarily responsible for commissioning (planning and buying) healthcare services that meet their local population’s needs. CCGs provide a unique placement opportunity for anyone interested not only in healthcare but also business in the wider context. The candidate will perform tasks that complement the current workload within Cheshire CCG, resulting in a unique and irreplaceable experience driven by the political, economic and social factors influencing the NHS.
About the role
Supporting the Finance and Contracts Team in managing the finances related to care services locally including primary, community, secondary and tertiary health and social care services.
- To work as part of the Finance team to ensure that payments for healthcare services are validated and payments made in a timely manner for those services including validation of invoices in relation to Primary care, Secondary care, Continuing Health Care and running costs.
- To produce and present analysis reports to inform management of the financial and contractual performance against targets and key performance indicators.
- To support the Finance Team with project costing in relation to health services.
- Assist in the development of monitoring of expenditure and in particular Continuing Health Care and other contract expenditure.
- Assisting the Finance and Contracting team in producing month end reports with supporting backing data to verify accruals.
- To verify Personal Health Budgets (PHBs) whilst creating invoices and raising cheque requests to ensure Patients receive funding for their Continuing Health Care.
- To facilitate training and opportunities for continuous development for Finance professionals including collation of evidence in relation to accreditation for the finance team.
- To assist the Finance and Contracting Team and Contracting with all other duties that commensurate with the grade and to secure relevant experience and expertise to meet the practical requirements of the degree course being studied; whilst gaining confidence in a work place environment.
- To assist and support Senior Managers with Ad Hoc projects where suitable.
- The opportunity to get involved in the Climate Change Activist Group.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft office, including; Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The candidate must also be an excellent communicator and will have strong interpersonal skills. An individual who is a team player and is comfortable working with a number of colleagues is essential. We are looking for an individual who is able to use their own initiative and has the ability to effectively manage and prioritise their own workload.
How to apply
Click here to apply (Ref ID: QLKYZ).