About the company
In the lively and competitive FMCG arena, Pricecheck has long established relationships with many brand owners and major suppliers, sourcing world famous brands which we then sell and distribute to a range of different outlets. We understand business – we buy and sell quality products, whilst appreciating the market and getting to know exactly what our customers want. This simple and driven approach has seen us develop trade in 82 countries and we continue to explore new categories, markets, services and territories.
And we’re getting it right too – we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade and have recently been named in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2018 and again in 2019.
About the role
- Forecasting orders based on sales performance and market trends, ensuring we have sufficient stock of all repeatable lines through demand planning.
- Stock control – highlight slow selling lines and create an effective plan with your buyer to move stock efficiently through the business.
- Processing purchase orders ensuring they are entered on the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure data held within our internal systems is accurate and up to date.
- Market research and store visits where necessary.
- Offer review and product data analysis.
- Prospecting, nurturing and managing low priority suppliers.
- Preparing presentations to send to the Sales Team to offer new products, existing products, or products that have not yet been purchased.
- Product & range promotion via marketing and social media outlets.
- Covering absent buyers; including liaising with suppliers, analysing offers and managing stock received.
- Trade Show support during our attendance at the Spring & Autumn NEC Trade Show Fair
- 2.1 Degree or equivalent with strong A Levels
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, particularly handling data in Excel
- A confident and articulate communicator, in both spoken and written correspondence
- Have a keen eye for detail but appreciation for the bigger picture and long term strategy
- You will be technically minded and problem solver, adept at running and reading reports to put actions into place
- Ability to follow instruction and work well as part of a team, but also use your initiative to question and seek out better ways of doing things.
- Organised, thorough and conscientious approach with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Experience in working in a trading environment, whether that be sales or buying
- The role may require occasional travel so a driving license would be advantageous
How to apply
Click here to apply for this role (reference ID: 74Q33)