About the company
The Financial Times is an international daily newspaper printed in broadsheet and published digitally that focuses on business and economic current affairs.
About the role
The Commercial Strategy & Insight team (CSI) at the FT plays a crucial role in helping deliver and maximize advertising revenue across our portfolio of print and digital products. The CSI team’s aim is to build a very solid foundation for our sales stories and proposals through expert use of data. The CSI team produces industry-leading research as well as justification insights for advertising. This Insight coupled with a strategic approach to digital data (such as behavioural data, Cost per Hour) enables the team to marry insight, strategy and optimization together providing the advertising sales team with a unique, complete and compelling sales argument.
- 6-12 months experience within a market research or insight focussed marketing role
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of Excel
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, enjoy making data come alive.
- The ability to interpret data in such a way as to enhance the commercial proposition of the FT.
- The ability to turn research data into compelling presentations to suit a variety of audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ability to engage and interact with people at all levels around the business such that useful research data is available to all.
- Desire to learn all aspects of research.
- Competent in all main Office software packages.
- Commercially minded as the Advertising team is the key stakeholder of the CSI department.
- Although not essential, experience of using Cross tabulation software (such as Telmar/IMS) and online survey tools (such as Vision Critical, Qualtrics etc.) would be beneficial.
How to apply
Click here to apply.