About the company
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
About the role
Join the Procurement team as part of your 12 month industrial placement programme. You’ll find yourself part of a global team of like-minded procurement managers and buyers, who all share a passion for creating value through innovation. You’ll make a difference in new and surprising ways every day, developing and growing both your function and your capabilities as you help change the world.
You’ll be actively encouraged to exercise your creativity and powers of innovation and to independently develop your entrepreneurial skills. Your input to strategic sourcing and end-to-end (E2E) transactional activities will make a true difference to our bottom line. This could be via managing the price of goods / services, the total cost of ownership and also the quality / risks associated. The Procurement team manages supplier relationships, target metrics and much more to ensure we are getting the best price, quality, and level of risk for any products / services required by Philips.
- You must be in your penultimate year of study towards a business-related degree e.g. Business Management, Economics or equivalent
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English
- A high level of responsibility
- Ability to work effectively when working in a team environment as well as being able to deliver good individual results.
- You are naturally curious, independent and want to work in a dynamic environment where you can interact with many people in the UK and abroad.
- You are eager to learn and develop your skills
- Fast paced
How to apply
Click here to apply.