About the company
Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. Human Resources is plugged into the nervous system of Dyson – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Reward. HR generalists link these all together; supporting every people-related decision.
Our People team are responsible for activating our unique philosophy and values to deliver a truly Dyson people experience. Our HR experts work across the employee life-cycle to motivate and engage our people, ensuring they perform at the highest level and helping us maintain our competitive edge.
About the role
During this 12-month opportunity you will rotate through two, 6-month placements supporting Talent Acquisition & Development and our HR operations teams. You’ll contribute from day one and gain valuable exposure to the Global HR function.
You will have a valuable role to play in the respective teams, learning about the key HR processes, methodologies, relevant legislation, systems, and the different roles within a Global HR function.
Talent Acquisition & Development rotation – you’ll learn how we support our business growth by locating and attracting talent to Dyson. You’ll utilise cutting edge sourcing approaches to engage, shortlist and assess across a range of roles. Or you could be assisting in the roll-out of development programmes; supporting the team with coordination of events, liaison with delegates, and ad hoc project support.
HR Operations – This team supports each individual Dyson journey: from setting up new starters, to processing changes as their careers develop. In this rotation you will provide high quality, accurate and efficient HR administrative services to understand our ways of working. You’ll also have the opportunity to make improvements. As we grow there are various continuous improvement projects with HR generalists or the Reward team requiring the input of creative problem-solvers.
- You’ll be an undergraduate seeking a 12-month HR placement, graduating in 2023.
- Your degree discipline can be in any relevant subject area, but motivation and attitude are also important to us
- We’ll want to see an understanding of the role of an HR function and your motivation for a career in this area.
- Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you’ll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing papers.
- There will be an expectation to present ideas and actively take part in discussions regularly with colleagues, so you’ll need to work well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Be articulate, quick to build credibility and have a professional approach.
- Skilled at building relationships, you will be collaborating regularly and building your network so that you set yourself up for success when returning on our graduate programme.
How to apply
Click here to apply (Ref ID: 2V2EK).